- Community health camps- more than a 1000 women screened for anaemia, diabetes, hypertension, breast and cervical cancer, follow up arranged for those requiring further treatment, medications dispensed to the needy
- Self-help booklets on adolescent health titled Growing Up Right, translated to Kannada as Tili, Kali, Beli; distributed to more than 10000 school girls in Bangalore covering various topics such as personal health, safety and communication with parents and peers.
- Anaemia hatao- lectures and talks delivered to many clubs, schools and colleges
- Adolescent health talks delivered to more than 10000 girls in colleges and schools covering various topics of menstrual problems, sexual health education, personal hygiene and health, cancer prevention and self defense etc.
- Green drive- School group donating old books, clothes, bed linen, toys, stationery, electronic waste, footwear etc to NGOs
- Sustainable Menstruation programmes in various women forums to educate and encourage women to take up sustainable menstrual aids such as menstrual cups and cloth pads.
Dr. Aruna Muralidhar is involved in various community activities.
- Rotarian, Rotary E-club of Bangalore District 3190:
Dr. Aruna has been an active Rotarian since 2016 and has done many activities through the Rotary in spreading awareness about various women health issues in schools, colleges and clubs all across Bangalore. She also makes the session very interactive, very informative and interesting. She has been able to engage with many colleges, school students and discuss their problems and various other issues and give them solutions during and after the talk. She also has done several women health camps which have been very comprehensive and has screened women for anemia, diabetics, high blood pressure and breast and cervical cancer. These communities’ health activities took place in the district of Harohalli and Sarjapur. As a Rotarian, she has also helped the rotary club in organizing mega blood donation camp.
Check the following link for more details: www.rotaryeclubbangalore3190.org
- Bangalore Society of Obstetrics & Gynaecology:
As an active member and an Executive Committee Member from 2016 to 2018 in the Bangalore society of obstetrician and gynecologists, Dr. Aruna has a participated in several health camps including anemia prevention and cancer prevention.
- Vaidya Kala Ranga:
Dr. Aruna has been an active member of Vaidya Kala Ranga which is a forum for doctors with various talents. Vaidya Kala Ranga has organized several events in various venues in Bangalore. Vaidya Kala Ranga has more than 50 members who are busy clinicians and doctors.